Deadline: December 2, 2019
Applications are open for the African Women’s Public Service Fellowship 2020 for Masters study at NYU Wagner. The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact for public service in their home countries.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa. This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
- The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
- Applicant should be a citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Have strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
Other Fellowships to Study at NYU Wagner:
For more information, visit African Women’s Public Service Fellowship.